Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to thelionsshare.org.uk, the official discussion forums for Proud Lion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Writing adventures for RPGs
Topic Started: Nov 24 2015, 06:53 PM (841 Views)
Rae
Member Avatar
Administrator
I've only recently dived into the world of writing RPG adventures, kicking off with my own Titansgrave story. The whole time I was writing it, I had a few goals in mind:

• All characters have justifications for their actions - no one does anything just because they can.
  • No white or black hats - every group in the story has made good and bad choices, and is living with the consequences of those.
  • Make the players play the story - this isn't a hack and slash, and most combat situations can be role-played through instead if the players choose to, but the most important thing is the players genuinely care about the story and the people involved.

I believe I have achieved this on my first adventure. For my next adventure, though, I want a different feeling - a swashbuckler with pirates and nautical elements, incorporating both fantasy and science fiction in the Titansgrave world. I want my next adventure to be one which still focuses on the story, but allows the players to have an enormous amount of fun.

For those of you who write for RPGs, what goals do you have? What do you set out to do when you start creating the world or story?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

xMayaRosex
Member Avatar

My main goal when writing an RPG, is to make sure the players always have options.
I like to make sure the players feel like they're in control of where they go, who they talk to and what they do. This usually means alot more work for the DM to have stuff written for every possible direction they could go in. But I like to improvise alot of things, with over-arching ideas to follow.

Joe
Member Avatar

Having just started a new Numenera campaign, my main goals with the starting adventure were to introduce the setting, to give each player something to do that focused on their character's strengths, to try to bring them together...

...and to get the characters into as much trouble as possible. :P

As a GM, I enjoy it when the players have a large say in the narrative. I like not knowing how it's going to turn out. It means that you can't plan too far ahead, but I think it makes it better for everyone. Hope so, anyway...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Game Development · Next Topic »
Add Reply