Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to thelionsshare.org.uk, the official discussion forums for Proud Lion. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Undertale
Topic Started: Oct 1 2015, 07:58 PM (851 Views)
oldmanrupee
Member Avatar

Has anyone here played Undertale yet? All of my internet pals are going on about it, it seems to be the In Thing! I really need to hurry up and get playing it myself, as soon as I've blown the dust off my old Steam account.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Benneth
Member Avatar

oldmanrupee
Oct 1 2015, 07:58 PM
Has anyone here played Undertale yet? All of my internet pals are going on about it, it seems to be the In Thing! I really need to hurry up and get playing it myself, as soon as I've blown the dust off my old Steam account.
I've not heard of it. Tell me more? (aka, I'm too lazy/busy to Google it myself!)

oldmanrupee
Member Avatar

Well it's made by one guy with help from a handful of secondary contributors, very catchy music apparently, visuals are similar to Earthbound, lots of great humorous dialogue.

It's an RPG, but you have the option of attempting to befriend the enemy monsters or kill them. One of the skeletons might become your boyfriend??? In fact it's possible to go the whole game without killing anything (including bosses) but apparently that's quite a hard thing to achieve.

You get different endings depending on if you kill everybody, kill nobody, or just kill certain people. And if you do a playthrough one way and then attempt a 2nd play through with different choices, the game will call you out on this (somehow?) because it remembers. It's all a commentary/parody of regular more monster-slaughter-happy RPGs, but I don't know much of the concrete details beyond this, because apparently to know too much is to spoil it. There's hints of an ominous twist??? And apparently some of the monsters start off hating you but are actually adorable????

Colour me intrigued.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Video Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply